Monday, November 1, 2010

Let's Make Miniatures Together!

Here's how it will work for now:

1. I will select an interesting miniatures project that focuses on being low-cost, mostly handmade, and easily available. This can be based on an interesting container that I find with my newly-found "mini eyes," or a project that I come across online that I think would be fun.

2. I will create a blog post describing my vision of the project, with a list of ideas, links to tutorials, and some pictures of the starting materials.

3. If you would like to follow along, join the yahoo group (link below), and begin gathering supplies and deciding how closely you would like to follow my example. You may decide to make changes.

4. Over time, we'll work on our projects, perhaps deciding to have a swap of items to fill our scenes. I'll post a tutorial or two, and share pictures of the work in progress. Over at the yahoo group, we'll have a photo album for the finished projects, and a file of all the ideas and links we came up with. We may even have a challenge or two.

5. Someone can help me decide on the next project, give me a challenge!

3 comments:

  1. Seane, sounds like fun only hope Ican keep up I have a RL group I am in and maybe I can share with them what you do here . The ladies aren't big on the computer so they will not be joining as followers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi How about making a memory or a steamer trunk ?
    think will be nice to learn how to
    Thank you
    Sol
    Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a trunk is a great idea! I will definitely add it to the to-do list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete