Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Slight Delay

After taking my daughter to the emergency room yesterday (which took 9 hours!) we learned that she has acute bronchitis accompanied by the flu. Her temperature keeps reaching towards 103, and she hasn't been able to sleep more than half an hour at a time because of her coughing, which often leads to throwing up. Poor baby! :(
My husband took the morning shift so I could get some sleep before he left for work.
I've sat down to work on the flooring and now I have to start with a new box. I had the box reinforced with foam core, had in the wallpaper and trim, and glued in the floorboards (skinny sticks or coffee stir sticks). I must have used the wrong glue because, as I slept, it warped the sticks! So then I tried to pull it up just now and completely ruined the box.
I'll have my husband bring home a new box of Stove Top tonight when he comes home. I'll reinforce the new box in the same way as before, but I think instead of gluing the pieces in right away I'll do a new tutorial. This time I'll cover the walls, ceiling, and floor before I put them in the box. I'll include the measurements this time, too.
I think I'll take this opportunity to change my wall treatment. I used a printed wallpaper from the link I provided, but it just doesn't say "Thanksgiving." I found a fabric I'll use instead. I still would like to have wood flooring, but I think I'll break out my felt for carpeting, just in case it doesn't work out.
I apologize for the delay, but I'll work quickly to catch up. I would like to have the table built and covered by the weekend so I can decide if I'll have a chair or not.
My daughter is on antibiotics and fever medication and cough medicine for her throat (which probably feels raw). She gets energy spurts which make it hard for her to refrain from playing. I get some time here and there to work on minis, so I'll use it to finish up some swap items until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment